The reason it's hard to open jar lids is because the vacuum seal is pulling the lid tightly against the jar. Once in awhile, the vacuum seal is so strong that I can't open it. That's when I grab my Jarkey, a $5 plastic lever that effortlessly breaks the seal, making it easy to open. I always try to open jars with my bare hands, then use the Jarkey as a backup. My wife goes straight for the Jarkey, because she's smarter than I am.
Wednesday, 19 July 2017
Popular Posts
-
Looking for something to illustrate a post about crunch-time in game development, I ran into this video depicting many forms of footwear (...
-
My sister came across this product, which promises all the fun of taking a shower with a goat with none of the usual hassles of renting a s...
-
Check out this weird testcard from a 1993 satellite feed. There is something very sinister about the smiley face. I think it's the way ...
-
After having a computer study the speech patterns of an American President famed for his public speaking one naturally has it recite Palpat...
-
From Vice : Now, anyone can expedite their own extra-sensory education and test their abilities with an app called Remote Viewing Tour...
-
Far-right Twitter troll Jacob Wohl (age 20) looks like he could be in a heap o' trouble. The banned-for-life ex-futures trader recently...
-
Belgian-born mathematician Jaques Tits passed away on Sunday, December 5th, leaving behind a legacy of research in group theory and geomet...
-
Santa Claus at Disneyland and Walt Disney World is now, sometimes, a black person. Guess who is about to find Disney theme parks not magic...
-
If you're one of those people who insists on telling others about your dreams, at least follow this advice offered by cognitive scienti...
-
Geographer Kate Edwards helps game developers avoid offensive and malignant stereotypes and tropes in their work. There are more than enoug...
Powered by Blogger.



