Greta Thunberg is the Swedish teenager whose climate change school-strike spread around the world, leading to her addressing the COP24 conference, the World Economic Forum, and many other forums where she has distinguished herself with her brilliant oratory and leadership. In an interview with Great Big Planet, Thunberg attributes her ability to focus on climate change despite the crushing terror and the enormous forces arrayed against her on her autism, saying, "I think if I wouldn’t have had Asperger's I don’t think I would have started the school strike, I don’t think I would’ve cared about the climate at all… That allowed me to focus on one thing for a very long time." (Image: Anders Hellberg, CC-BY) (via Kottke)
Tuesday, 23 April 2019
Popular Posts
-
Looking for something to illustrate a post about crunch-time in game development, I ran into this video depicting many forms of footwear (...
-
David Graeber hated being called "The Anarchist Anthropologist." But he was both those things — an anarchist activist , a figur...
-
My sister came across this product, which promises all the fun of taking a shower with a goat with none of the usual hassles of renting a s...
-
Scotty H created this spectrographic animation of a classic dial-up modem's startup noise. Here's a breakdown, by Oona Räisänen ...
-
Cory reports on a gem of a utility called Falsisign . Falsisign takes in 27 variants of your signature and then feeds these sigs and your...
-
From Vice : Now, anyone can expedite their own extra-sensory education and test their abilities with an app called Remote Viewing Tour...
-
Far-right Twitter troll Jacob Wohl (age 20) looks like he could be in a heap o' trouble. The banned-for-life ex-futures trader recently...
-
If you're one of those people who insists on telling others about your dreams, at least follow this advice offered by cognitive scienti...
-
From Flashbak : Računari was a computer magazine of the former Yugoslavia which lasted from 1984 until the late 1990s – surviving the eco...
Powered by Blogger.


